Hits

Monday, April 21, 2008

2006 Student Projects

May 26, 2006

Most of the time I really love my job :) One of my favorite things about working with high-ability students is helping them research various non-fiction topics every spring. I provide guidance and model them through the process of putting together a display board, showcasing what they learned about their topic. I offered the research class on Fridays for the past few months, where students did all of the leg-work. They then took them home to put it all together. It is always fun to see what they come up with! Here are some of the cool ones I have seen this year :) These are made by 3rd-6th grade students.

Coolprojects_022

Coolprojects_012

Coolprojects_015

Coolprojects_018

Coolprojects_021

Coolprojects_019

I have about 50 of these to grade, but I don't mind at all! Its fun to read them....I learn from my students :) I believe it is sooooo important to keep these kids challenged. Budget cuts are a huge bummer on our gifted programs, though. As I have mentioned before, my position has been reduced to half-time next year. I keep praying every day that I will find something else soon.

No comments: