Hits

Monday, April 14, 2008

Hatchlings

Another old post from my personal blog.
May 20, 2005

Ahhhh, its that time of year again...Spring! All the little animal babies are being born are so sweet! I thought I would share some pictures that I took of some hatching chicks. A 2nd grade teacher that I work with has been working with a program through the University of MN that allows inner-city schools to observe and witness the "miracle of life. It was Dscf5846 pretty cool to watch the eggs hatch from the incubator. The kids were so excited, as were the little chicks!! I can hear peeping out in the hallway when I walk into my room, it is so cute! Just look at these little fluff balls!Dscf5842

Anyway, I think this is a great program that is set up, otherwise these kids would probably NEVER get to see it happen. The chicks will be going back to the farm later this afternoon. I am not sure about their fate, but I do hope they will not become chicken nuggets!! Its very different to see animals after raising them, so I do hope the kids don't become vegetarians because of this little project!!


No comments: