Hits

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Wandering Bear.....

Another old post I found from my personal blog.
May 17, 2005

Okay, can things get any weirder in the neighborhood in which I work?? Today the news choppers, cops and the DNR were out looking for a Black Bear who has wandered into the Big City. This is the news as I hear it from my students as I walk in to work today,

"Ms. S, did you hear about the bear?"

"I saw it in my back yard!!"

"The cops are going to find it and put it to sleep, but not kill it"

Okay, last week they are looking for a cop-killer and today they are back at it again...but looking for a bear. I feel bad for the poor thing!! We had a bear loose a few weeks ago too, and that one was shot and killed when it made its way to the freeway.

I don't know what this means, but it is probably not a good sign if beras are moving into the city...disappearing territories and the smell of Krispy Kreme....

No comments: