Hits

Monday, April 7, 2008

Ghetto Fabulous Names

So by now it is no secret that I work at neighborhood schools in really tough, poor neighborhoods in the inner city. I absolutely LOVE what I do, and wouldn't ever dream of trading my poor, needy, diverse students for the more well-off white kids in the suburbs. This is my niche.

So that being said, I do have to tell you that I have come across some very interesting names throughout my career and have started to make a list of the ones I remember. I wanted to share with you some of the unusual "names" of students I have personally known. (I am not even going to go there with some of the ethnic names I've come across!) The following names span all races....

Golden

Daisy

Foxy

Charisma

Dream

Hope

Precious (I've known at least four girls with this name)

Faith

Destiny

Diamond (again, 5-6 girls with this name)

Sparkle

Heaven

Unique

Star or Estrella

Lyric

Darling

Honey

Modesty

Sunshine

Jersey

China

Dakota

Carolina

Georgia

Green (whose last name also happened to be a shade of green)

Sterling

Seven

Justice

Prince

Reality

Passion


No comments: